Tuesday, June 3, 2008

eApps and yum

One of my new projects is hosted on eApps. While they've been great so far, I spent some time trying to get some real developer tools on my box using yum. The first problem was that php was failing with the following error:

PHP Warning: Module 'modulename' already loaded in Unknown on line 0

As it turns out that means that the xls package was included in the binary, and also being declared as a dynamic package. So, to fix this I commented out the following line in the /etc/php.d/xsl.ini:

;extension=xsl.so

Now on to yum itself. Doing any kind of yum update resulted in the following error:

Error: Missing Dependency: glibc-common = 2.3.4-2.36 is needed by package glibc-dummy-centos-4

After doing a bit of research, I found that the dummy-centos-4 package isn't really necessary if you're going to be upgrading your gcc libraries anyways so away it goes.

yum remove glibc-dummy-centos-4

After that I ran a full yum upgrade which worked just fine.

No comments: